Pages

Friday, August 2, 2024

Five things on Friday

1. Decided to give shopping for clothes a try at the only store really close to us, Marshall’s. The key seems to be to go with just a very specific need/idea in mind. I found 3 items I really like for the coming warmer weather. Now I can retire some worn out items.

2. I researched things nearby to do over the next year to year and a half. Live music, theater, poetry readings & classes, author talks, other talks, craft/fiber art classes, bookstores, other stores to try, art museums, other museums, gardens/parks, waterfront walks, breweries and wineries! I have a long list so far and I’m sure there are more without expanding the distance away. Feeling positive and putting things on my August calendar.

3. Hubby decided to change the 2nd baths shower fixtures so it would be more pleasant and functional to use if needed. Looks great.

4. We have been eating through the food our neighbors gave use before they left on a long vacation. Some we didn’t like or spoiled before we got to it but overall it added to our food supplies. In exchange I am watering their plants indoors and out.

5. One month to turning 75! Feels like a major milestone.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a successful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those are great Friday frugals. Love those tops from Marshall's.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors of those pieces you found at Marshall's are my faves. I love earth tones, especially greens and peaches. Look at you finding so many interesting activities to try. I am contemplating trying a crochet class...fiber art sounds less grandmotherly than crochet, not sure it is the same thing, though. I just don't know what I would do with the things I would make. Maybe give them away?

    ReplyDelete

Busy week - Thriving week 37

I’m really enjoying the speed, screen clarity and battery life on my new Kindle. Big thanks to my son and another thanks to him for paying e...