Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Monday, July 6, 2020
2020 SUMMER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT (#SPSH)
Welcome to the 2020 Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt (#SPSH) – the virus edition hosted by Patio Postcards. She describes the scavenger hunt like this: “There’s some searches for at home, close to home or away from home. I hope some encourage you to think outside of the box & some that may require an open eye to find. One rule … use photos you have taken between June 1st & September 30th of 2020, other than that, it’s meant for fun. Find some or find all, I hope everyone has fun with it.”
ITEMS TO FIND
1. A favorite piece of jewelry
2. Something with or in a knot
3. Something with the colors of your country’s flag
4. A toy you play with
5. Something you have more than one of
6. An object in the shape of a triangle
7. Something that displays a rule(s)
8. A leaf longer than your hand
9. Something that starts with the initial of your name (first or last)
10. An object smaller than a paper clip
11. Something you need to throw away
12. Something that holds your favorite beverage
13. A rubber band/elastic in use
14. An object with wheels
15. Something inherited
16. Rough texture
17. Something naturally round
18. An object that can go in the water
19. A stone/rock/pebble with some color in it
20. Something with the number 7 in itCheck out her full post with lovely and meaningful photos. (https://onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com/the-world-through-my-lens-06-2020-spsh/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-world-through-my-lens-06-2020-spsh)
Sunday, July 5, 2020
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
You all had some great ideas for Camp Quarantine !
We are still planning a trip to Berkeley so some of mine will involve family.
Here's my brainstorm list so far:
- New recipe each week
- Drawing a week
- Patio drinks and hearty hor d'oeuvres dinner with Hubby
And with our granddaughter and her parents:
- Creative neighborhood map drawing (the idea is to draw a map of how you see your neighborhood not a navigational map)
- Pup birthday party - pup cake, banner, etc.
- Backyard games
I need more but its a start. How's your list going?
Monday, June 29, 2020
Try some of these sources for fact based news on the rapidly changing science, current best practice advice and just the comfort of knowing you are doing your best and not wasting your efforts.
Johns Hopkins Resource Center
Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at UMN
And then find your city, county or state public health info site for data, current public health orders, info on what is open or not and resources to turn to for help. Here are my county's and city's as examples: Ventura County Recovers and Camarillo
Saturday, June 27, 2020
JULY STAYCATION IDEAS PLEASE
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
|Happy sunbathing poodle girl|
- Having the Trader Joe's staff grind our coffee isn't working out so well (a little confusion over left vs right in the settings lol) so I ordered a rather expensive home coffee grinder that got good reviews.
- Hubby ordered a children's magic kit to give to our granddaughter but first he will learn the "tricks" so he can teach her. She always asks "Show me a trick Papa". I added in 2 charger plugs and a box of staples. Oh the excitement. Also getting our usual subscribe and save Amazon order of dog food and other items.
- Starbucks drive through (but it is worth it to leave the house!)
- Food waste - tossed 2 apples and 1/4 of a cabbage
- Cooked at home all week including homemade chicken bean veggie soup from homemade broth which was delicious if I do say so myself.
- Hubby washed the dog who does love her baths.
- Gave myself a manicure and pedicure.
- Love our health insurance and those $0 owed statements.
- Planning a 10 day visit to our Berkeley son, DIL and granddaughter. The logistics of having places to stop along the way is shifting our drive to the truck heavy and scenery deficient I-5. That assures us of open and cleaned rest stops though. Here are guidelines on how to safely use a public restroom when traveling during the pandemic (public restroom safety)
- Caught up on my club president to do list except for finishing my calls to members. Unfortunately we have concluded we need to change the locks on the clubhouse and start over with key and code distribution. We counted keys today! We are also revising the rental agreements and asking everyone to sign new ones. A Covid policy on when and how we will reopen the clubhouse for use is written and in place. On to the fun stuff hopefully.
- Picked up a library book that I requested just before the pandemic. Their curbside pick up process is great. Don't think I will read the book though as it looks tedious.
- Taking forever to finish deep cleaning the kitchen and will do the floor and call it done for now.
- Diligently followed up with doctors (not impressed with their communication and follow up!) and as expected my cardiac health is fine with no risk for surgery. Because of our planned trip surgery will now occur late July or early August with 10 to 12 weeks of recovery. I missed the low point of Covid infections. Sigh.
- Laughs with Hubby.
- Great friend in former club President who is great to discuss ideas & issues with and then reach decision as how to proceed.
- A cousin who likes to write letters back and forth. I am very happy to see her letter in my mailbox.
- Sons and DILs who want to spend time with us!