Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

My new "wheels"

For the next couple of months this little scooter and I will be best friends. Whoever invented this deserves a medal. Crutches are easy to topple especially when on painkillers. Walkers are hard to use if you have to hop on one foot. 

I do have crutches and a cane for later on in the healing process but this is a wonder early on. I decided to buy one as that was cheaper than renting and then I can donate it to the church medical supply closet for someone else to use.

Isn't it spiffy looking? And it has a basket which the rental ones don't have. So lots fewer trips to get meals, etc



8 comments:

  1. I am so clumsy I'd probably hurt myself. But you can't think like that. We do what we have to do and smile while doing it because getting better is the name of the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d hurt myself using crutches until after I can put weight on my foot while wearing a walking boot. For quite a while I won’t even be able to stand a sheet touching my toes so this is nice and safe for me.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful. I am glad you found your scooter. It will be so much easier to use for the first while.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't get by without it! I'm pathetic on crutches on one foot.

      Delete
  3. Looks cool ... obey the speed limit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! I did almost crash twice last time by nearly tipping over on slopes. Had to apply the beginner skiing technique of back and forth at a lesser angle.

      Delete
  4. A nurse who took care of me in the hospital was actually on one of those scooters (he was recovering post surgery). I couldn't believe how well he maneuvered around. They are such a good invention. You know, I remember that my dad was reimbursed by Medicare and his insurance for some of the medical devices he needed. Might be worth looking into. Great idea to donate it when you're on your feet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, nursing while on one would be challenging. The walking boot was covered and I imagine a walker would have been because that is what the had me use at the hospital before release. Thankfully physical therapy is covered. No costs for the surgery between Medicare and our great supplemental so that is wonderful.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...