As the nation remembers the casualties and horror of 9/11 today let us hope it translates into the right kind of election day results and we stop governmental actions turning countries against ours.
However, we are babysitting the grandgirls this evening so making positive memories for the day too.
1. In an effort to reduce the high wildfire risk of current trees, our city got a grant to remove a very large grove of eucalyptus and other trees at an old quarry near our house - 190 trees total. Then they will mitigate the impact in a environmentally enhancing, fire mitigation, habitat creation way.
Hubby has been walking to where he can see the trees come down and says it is a very coordinated methodical process and the trees are huge. I was curious when eucalyptus were brought to this area and it was in the late 1800s through early 1900s. They do have a lovely scent when the weather is warm and would help mitigate landslides/erosion but are highly flammable.
2. We have just had a 4 day "summer" so I have gotten a few more uses out of my summer clothes and decided to keep all but 3 of them despite them no longer being favorites. Who knows - we might go someplace with a hotter summer on vacation one of these years. The few have been weeded out really don't fit well anymore. I also finally let go of some necklaces as well that were heavy or not my style.
3. I have a goal of trying some new recipes for dinner main dishes. This week's was Mexican chicken and bean soup. Hubby liked, it but it was not a new favorite for me. Moving on.
4. The Frugal Girl is doing a freezer use it up challenge. We have a tiny freezer on top of our not big enough frig that came with the house. I took a look though and found we have an excess of pork chops and one piece of salmon. We will make a pork stir fry with rice and a lemon garlic salmon pasta dish as dinners.
5. I skipped my Pilates session as I wasn't feeling well. The slant board I ordered arrived though so I am doing the prescribed exercises to stretch my calves and ankles. Fun - not.
No comments:
Post a Comment