How are you all doing?
I don’t want to imply by these posts that feeling down or struggling in the midst of a pandemic, a tumultuous country and election season plus what is going on in the rest of your and your loved one’s lives is wrong in some way! I’m simply noting what I am thankful for each week because it is hard not to struggle through this season of our lives.
This week I am thankful for . . .
1. I am enjoying participating in the Fall round of GYPO (aka Get Your Pretty On) that I finally joined after encouragement from my friend Leslie. If you are interested check out her blog at Once Upon a Time ... for more info and a referral link in the right column.
I was finding it hard to care how I dressed between having nowhere to go and foot surgery recovery. Having fun with it again without and have replaced some clothes and filled some gaps in my closet now that I understand the weather patterns here better.
2. I made chocolate almond muffins which were delicious and I finally tried the air fryer and make sweet potato fries which we loved.
3. I was able to put the cane away since I no longer need it in the night and I was able to cut my toenails without my foot hurting. Not very exciting but I'm happy.
4. I also was boosted by the Physical Therapists mid-point evaluation as he said I am progressing very well. I was feeling down at how far I still have to go but we went through everything and refocused me on the details vs the big picture of wanting to be able to take long walks easily! I am impatient but healing very well and got some new targeted exercises while dropping others.
5. Joined 2 close friends for a (somewhat) socially distanced lunch after month's of not having a social life IRL. I'm not sure I will return because we weren't able to be 6 feet apart but it sure was fun.
6. My September shopping spree has come to a close with some new tops that I really love in my closet, a small folding table to set up in my office for art and sewing and other projects (rather than the dining room table!), an art subscription box, and some home and pantry supplies. There were also Kindle books that were rather disappointing but overall I'm happy with the purchases I kept!