Well, it is better than sitting around feeling glum about what we can't do.
Now that I'm not having surgery until late June and although I still can't foresee how it is going to be relatively safe to go out again, I am really feeling restricted. Add in the thought of recovering form surgery for 2 to 3 months and I want to things ... well you know what I mean as you are probably feeling the same way.
Not enough to tear off my mask and go mingle closely but still ...
I saw a suggestion the other day list 100 things you would like to do this summer that seem possible during this pandemic.
I thought I'd start with a list of things I would LOVE TO DO, things that will be EASY TO DO, and things that are JUST DO IT kinds of things with a target for by the end of the year.
After all, a big part of happiness is having something to look forward to!
LOVE TO DO
- Visit in person with local son & DIL
- Visit our granddaughter (and her parents)!
- Walk on the Ventura pier and boardwalk for an ocean dose
- Have friends over for a yard happy hour
EASY TO DO
- Get an ice cream cone
- Cook angel hair pasta and shrimp at home
- Play Frisbee at the park
- Buy flowers for inside
- Have a picnic
- Make a rhubarb crisp & serve with ice cream
- Listen to music every day for a week
- Learn to use watercolor pens to draw flowers
- Make 3 dishes in air fryer - main, veg, breakfast
- Learn to use frother to make a good almond milk latte
JUST DO IT
- Declutter guest room closet and garage - donate what pull out
- Master being a Zoom host and hold virtual club meetings
- Go through art still not hung and make decisions
That's only 17 things not 100 but I'd be happy if they all happened.
What a great list, Juhli! And I didn't know about your Frisbee acumen, so that was a fun little surprise. 😀ReplyDelete
Thanks. No frisbee acumen and we don't even own one at the moment. Just a way to be outside in the park.Delete
I'd like to do more than a few things on your lists.ReplyDelete
So I'm going to challenge you to post your own list and start doing them! Homemade dog biscuits is #1 I think.Delete
I've got a list going too. I think were all feeling better with warmer temperatures & sunshine. I need my sunshine.ReplyDelete
Yes - sunshine sure does help.Delete
I think it's good for us to have goals. Right before the virus "hit" our country, my husband and I bought a little home near our daughter. It's been great to have a project to work on. We decided to take our time and do as much as possible on our own. We've had quite a few laughs, along with some challenges, but we're making progress. We're actually very thankful for this diversion from Covid19!ReplyDelete
That sounds lovely. I too find projects so helpful to shift focus.Delete
Good list! I have been WFH for 10 weeks now. No vacation since last September. Nowhere to go...but decided to take one day a week off for June, July and August. I am looking forward to walks in different places, going for ice cream, and making new recipes!ReplyDelete
- Dar @ anexactinglife