Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2020

First week of February 2020 - Music CDs, tax prep and cleaning out the frig

What made me happy or filled with gratitude this week?
- My Pasadena son and DIL. They not only were so helpful at our party but I have had comments from most of the guests about how much they liked meeting them. They are gems. And they brought us avocados and music cds which I have enjoyed this week.
- My friends.
- Creating tasty meals at home while using up what we have.

MUSIC! Our son and DIL are seriously decluttering and have downloaded all their CD collection so - I am the lucky recipient of a large tote of CDs. They estimate 500 but we'll see how many there actually are. I'm going to slowly go through them, listen to what appeals to me and take all my rejects a few at a time to the Friends of the Library for selling. New to us music for free and low environmental impact!


This week's tally of the number reviewed is  : I kept , donated , and threw out. Our CD containers are pretty full and i'm not sure what will happen for storage as I find more to add to our collection.

TAXES: Like everyone else I had to buckle down and collect all documentation for sending our tax info to the accountant. Spent a lot of time on that this week.

POODLE: The pup got her first new collar in 9 years! We bought her an adorable one decorated with squirrels when she came to us at 1 1/2 years old but it had gotten too tight. Little did we know then how squirrel crazy she was. We had a ton of squirrels and chipmunks for her enjoyment in Atlanta especially since there were two giant oak trees right outside the back door! Now she has a collar with roses on it which is appropriate for living near Pasadena and the Rose Parade. Not too many squirrels to see here and she still hasn't figured out what to think about rabbits LOL.

FUN: Went to my monthly women's club board meeting and book club. Went out to lunch with the group after book club which was, as always, fun.

CLEANING OUT THE FRIG: We are eating up leftovers/cleaning out the fridge. Plus there is the regular "shop for us" stuff I bought and there 4 very ripe avocados brought over by son and DIL. Don't want to waste anything, but also we are leaving on a 6 day trip soon to visit family and need the fridge cleaned out.

VISITING GRANDDAUGHTER: We are heading out in the middle of next week to visit our Berkeley family so I will see you all when we get back!







12 comments:

  1. We have a 200+ CD collection sitting out there in the garage. We thought we'd use them when the kids abandoned them. So far we haven't, and with youtube, Pandora, Spotify and our Google player, I doubt we will. The world is changing so fast, right before our ... ears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right but we pulled out our CD player a few months ago so I'll pick the best for us and donate the rest.

      Delete
  2. You are living a good life in your retirement. Love the poodle collar story. My Levi loves any little creature that moves outside too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are funny about reacting to other creatures aren't they!

      Delete
  3. We have a rather large collection of CD's and cassettes. I am wondering what to do with them since our CD/Cassette player bit the dust.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our son and DIL transferred theirs to the cloud. Most thrift stores of Friends of the Library will take them to sell which is where I am donating all the ones I don't keep.

      Delete
  4. I had not thought of donating CDs to the library. What a great idea. Money for the library and fun purchases for patrons. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a visit to the granddaughter. I have been helping out with our new baby but don't get to see Lucia, the 3 year old, as much because she's in school. Hope to get snuggles this weekend.
    I used to love to listen to music but over the past 10 years or so, have let that love gather dust. Trying to get back to it because it can be so uplifting. Using Spotify. Hope you find some jewels in your inherited CD collection.
    Taxes. Oy vey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sure to find some music treasures among the CD gifts and then the rest to the library friends, so all will find homes. Yes, tax time is here, I made an appointment today to see my tax guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely week! Especially all the time with loved ones. AND avocados! Last time I visited CA, I was reminded of how much less fruit and veg cost there compared to here... Although the rest of the cost of living sets you right back to start! Have to get moving on our taxes. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that you found the cost of fruit and veg less here as we have found it generally the same or more! Since we aren't in LA of SF our cost of living is pretty much the same as it was in Atlanta fortunately. Miss my Georgia friends.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...