Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Tax Return Headaches!

Once again I am doing our taxes myself using TurboTax. Why do I do this to myself 😤

The hardest part was finding the info I needed from purchasing our former house and figuring out what I could enter. Once the return is done I need to go back and make sure I have clear documentation in the file to support what I did.

We are going to owe $$ as it is the first year Hubby had Social Security for a full year and we don’t have taxes withheld but rather pay estimated taxes. I dropped the ball on increasing the estimated payments in all the moving chaos.

So far I have done two 2 hour sessions and now it says it is time to review it. Since I have an headache after each two hour session the review will have to wait for another day! 

We will sit down together and do the review.

Any predictions on whether or not trying to submit electronically will work this time after not working the last 2 years? I’m not holding my breath!

Do you do your own and hire someone?

3 comments:

  1. Years ago our taxes became pretty complicated, and they still are sort of. We hire the same firm year after year to do ours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things are complicated enough that we hire an accountant. But in the last three years I've been successful with TurboTax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're taxes must be complicated. Ours are really simple and I was done in 45 minutes. Of course, you sold a house and have investments. hang in there, I'm sure it will go through.

    ReplyDelete

Self and Home Care - Thriving Week 17

Healthy self care is a challenge when I am stressed, lonely or bored and the sugar, salt, alcohol goodies call to me. I am trying very hard ...