Pages

Friday, September 25, 2026

Five Things Friday #38 - There's a new pup in town, curbside giving & family stuff


1. As you can see, our dog (with the spots) had a "Doodle" party on our front walk Saturday morning. A neighbor brought her new 5 mo old puppy over to meet our pooch and the little guy in the booties was walking by and joined in. They were all so good and greeted each other well.

2. I put the high chair we were given through Buy Nothing plus a bunch of smaller stuff that we no longer needed on the curb with a "free" sign. In a week it was all gone and I met a neighbor from down the street who was taking the high chair to have at the grandparent's house. Perfect.

Speaking of free things, my neighbor put out a bunch of dog clothes and other stuff. I picked up a fleece dog coat that I think I can alter to fit our pooch well. There are a few not rainy winter days when he has been quite cold on his walks.

3. We babysat the older grandgirl Friday night and unfortunately as the evening went on she became ill. She said most of her classmates have been sick so I guess it was her turn. Poor girl was doing much better by Sunday evening. I didn't catch it from her and now have my flu shot done.

4. I checked out a library Kindle book that I hope will update  and enhance my knowledge of how best to interact with and support the almost preteen grandgirl. There is so much more for young people to deal with now than even when my sons were that age plus I haven't raised a daughter. 

10 to 25: The Science of Motivating Young People : A Groundbreaking Approach to Leading the Next Generation-and Making your Own Life Easier by Yeager, David S

5. I was curious how our grocery spending (for food, toiletries & household products) was comparing to last year given inflation. We are spending an average of $100 more a month for 2 people and occasional guests. The cheapest regular gas here is $6.29 right now but we don't drive much. We can manage it but I know many are struggling with those and other increases.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I'm back to being determined to "do hard things" and get little things done sooner. This week I 

- Cleaned the mini blind over the kitchen sink which involved climbing on the kitchen counter. Also washed the inside of the window and, since it is so hard to reach that we don't open it, Hubby removed the screen and we will wash the outside. I stored the screen in the garage. If I was replacing windows I would get a crank open one with a mini blind between the panes.

- Hubby taught me how to change the furnace filter. It is harder than it should be and I'm not sure I could do it but next year I will try. I would probably have to hire someone if it was my chore.

- Cooked ahead a bit. Two dozen pumpkin walnut muffins and a big pot of chili. 

- Mopped the front porch & Hubby repainted the wooden threshold and touched up the porch paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Things Friday #38 - There's a new pup in town, curbside giving & family stuff

1. As you can see, our dog (with the spots) had a "Doodle" party on our front walk Saturday morning. A neighbor brought her new 5 ...