![]() |
| My favorite coffee cup |
![]() |
| Heavy fog or light rain overnight? |
I has been a very full and somewhat tiring week but the busy days have been balanced out by enough time to recover. No complaints.
2. I'm thinking I want a large attractive "bulletin board" type thing to pin my art, family photos, and inspirational items where I can enjoy them, but not have them be on the frig for example. Now where to find such a thing?
3. Last Friday we had a very enjoyable long lunch with our son at a new to us restaurant - his treat. Time connecting one on one with busy adult children is very precious.
4. We were given some lovely yellow cherry tomatoes by a neighbor. Whether it makes sense or not, we have been leery of lettuce due to the outbreaks in other states (need to get over that!) and Hubby prefers the red ones anyway. I browsed the internet and decided to roast the gift tomatoes and use them over pasta along with sauteed green pepper and chicken sausage which we had in the frig. It was quite good.
5. Did very early morning grandchild care and then morning school run and pickup as our son had outpatient surgery and our DIL had to take him to the hospital very early. The day before we got the 3 year olds car seat, codes for nursery school access and detailed instructions for breakfast, delivery of both girls to school, etc. Son is fine and recuperating.
The next day our other son and DIL arrived for a 2 night stay on their way to a vacation in Oregon. They will stay longer on their way back. Their arrival motivated quite a bit of deep cleaning chore completion too. We ate at home while they were visiting. Dinners: turkey burgers on buns with tomatoes & lettuce, corn on the cob and orange slice; chicken, pasta, zuchinni and tomatoes.
The dog had a grooming appointment in the middle of all of this. Then we will wrap up the week by picking up our older granddaughter from school and keeping her until bedtime so our son and DIL can have their monthly date night (the 3 year old has Kid's Night Out at nursery school).



So enjoying the photography, Juhli. Coincidentally, one of my Friday Fives today is similar. I attempted to recreate a photo I saw at an artshow.
ReplyDeleteAnd aren't fresh summer tomatoes the best? (I wrote about same - some nice parallels this week!)
I think you should be able to find a big bulleting board at an office supply store, or even a teacher supply store.
ReplyDeleteDoes your youngest granddaughter attend a KinderCare facility by chance? Our grands here were in KinderCare and they had a delightful program with Kids' Night Out, too. My grandson in Ft. Worth is also in a KinderCare and the difference is night and day to the program here. They seem to have no budget. Or the budget is poorly spent.
ReplyDeleteGlad your son is recovering well and you enjoyed a brief visit with your daughter and son-in-law and have a longer visit to look forward to on their return trip. Your pasta dish sounds fabulous. Good job!! So proud of you to be drawing more. The bulletin board is a great idea to display and rotate your art and other creations. You might try Wayfair online for a bulletin board. They have free shipping. :)
I've been looking at Wayfair as we have had good luck with them previously. She isn't in KinderCare but rather a local Berkeley program that her sister also attended. It seems to be a great pre-school.
DeleteI would check office supply stores for a large bulletin board. I know the one here has them.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Just emailed you a link to something I saw recently for a non cork bulletin board.
ReplyDeleteps: I just read that they discovered that the recent outbreak was tied to alfalfa sprouts. Not sure if this is what they previously thought was lettuce issue, or if this is a new problem. Makes me not want to eat out anymore, and just eat vegetables from our garden. :)
ReplyDeleteI understand it to be a separate outbreak with salmonella and E Coli being the culprits this time. We are buying local lettuce and washing our veggies carefully.
Delete