![]() |
| My "August calendar dog" done on a 4 x 5.5 inch scrap paper |
![]() |
| The actual calendar dog |
1. Walking facts in my daily life: Library round trip is 2.1 mi or 5,000 steps; Park with dog round trip is 0.7 mi or 1,539 steps. I haven't yet measured walking to the corner store (sadly closing at the end of the year) or to the coffee shop. I do also want to pick a route that is just for enjoyment and not for a purpose other than walking without the dog.
2. I'm finally getting in the mood to enjoy planning for my birthday activities with family next week. Tuesday is a trip to SFMOMA which has been on my summer bucket list. Wednesday night is an all family dinner at our house. With my younger son's help we decided on take out for the main dish and will add fancy healthy sides and dessert. So many food requirements and preferences to account for plus not wanting to do much cooking!
3. I learned Monday that dogs get conjunctivitis, but it is usually allergy or irritation based and not infectious. It looks pretty much like the early stage of human conjunctivitis though. The vet office was able to get him quickly due to an appointment cancellation. He had a very thorough eye exam (eye ducts working, no scratches on cornea, pressure good, etc.). Result was eye drops for 7 days to deal with the inflammation and discharge and he has been very cooperative with getting them. He is feeling better given his renewed energy level and his eyes look almost normal. Still not playing though so i am waiting for that.
4. The "I never even imagined owning one" cobweb brush is back out. I cleaned the front porch, door, windows & siding including cobwebs. Now to work my way around the rest of the house.
5. The "I never even imagined owning one" slant board (for improving ankle flexibility and stretching legs) has been ordered. I don't often shop at Walmart because of their politics but they had the one I chose with free delivery and returns.


No comments:
Post a Comment