Google says these are a Jersey Lily or Amaryllis Beladonna Lily. I've always heard it called a Naked Lady which is definitely more memorable!
1. The lilies above have popped up in lots of places here and provide a pretty break to the dry summer landscape here. It makes me happy to see them as I drive and walk around.
2. This glass also makes me happy. We got a set of 6 as a wedding present 45 years ago and 3 survive. I added the flower rings to all our wine glasses back when I would host book club dinners in Atlanta.
3. I get joy out of watching my dog and young toddlers interact. We were walking by the playground in the nearby park when a little one toddled over to the fence pointing and saying “dog, dog”. We stopped and when his adult came over asked if Coco could gently greet the little boy. So a little finger was stuck through the fence and gently licked producing a delightful squealing laugh and we did it all over again to more laughter.
4. We went to the first ever block party Tuesday night scheduled then because that was National Night Out and the city supports closing off streets. We met some people we hadn’t yet and I had some great in depth conversations with people we already knew. The city sends teams of employees to talk to folks at each neighborhood gathering. We got a police officer, rec center director and public works director. They were all very customer focused which is a theme in this small city. The food was tygreat with lots of varie. We made a big pasta salad and 1/3 was left but it was a chilly evening so we will eat the leftovers. Kudos to the long term residents (since 1988) who initiated it. It was a happy event.
5. My schedule for Pilates is erratic in the summer but Wednesday I had a session which made me happy. I really like my trainer, enjoy our talks and always feel better after the hour session. Now two weeks off because she has a conflict and then I do.
|
What a sweet story, Juhli (Item #3). Your tenderness for children really comes through.
ReplyDeleteAnd I applaud that you use the 'good' glassware, and that you enjoy doing so.
Naked Lady is a fun name for a bloom, ha ha. I'm all for using "the good crystal" to drink from. I like beer in mine!
ReplyDelete