Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Goodbye July - Hello August

My interpretation is not as cuddly looking

From my Art Dogs calendar for July
"Jackson Pawlock"

August is arriving with warmth, not much on our calendar so far except the neighborhood National Night Out potluck.

This is my final month as a 76 year old so I want to make it count.

First though, a summary of July with as usual my ambitions outstripping my energy and motivation!

- We went out five times with several driven by outings for Nana & Papa camp. We also had ice cream as promised. The camper declared she had a fun week with us so success on the grandparent front. 

- I did some drawing, bought some drawing pencils and decided to sign up for a beginning drawing class in September as a refresher. 

- Worked out about 50% of the time - need to improve on that!

- One small home improvement project was completed by getting and hanging a blind in the upstairs bathroom. We also replaced a shrub.

- I cleaned and set up the patio although it has generally been chilly that we haven't used it. Perhaps this month we will. I also cleaned most of the accessible garage areas with just a bit left to finish.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your artwork here - it's really enjoyable to see the side by sides, and really so wonderful that you are pursuing it again!

    Regarding ice cream and your granddaughter - when our girls visit we have started an ice cream competition tradition. I make it here once (I have the countertop Cuisinart ice cream maker) and we go out to two local ice cream shops and then vote. The girls look forward to it, and so far Nana's homemade ice cream has taken the top spot for three years running. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade ice cream is the best! My local DIL makes many different flavors. How fun to have an ice cream competition. We made chocolate cupcakes which were a hit.

      Delete
  2. Your camp week sounded so fun! Love the drawings. Yours may not look as cuddly, but I think he has the desire to be cuddly...just weighing how the day goes before he turns on the cuddles. :) I just realized that outlook describes ME! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your "cuddly" outlook improved with the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your 'camp' was a huge success!! Well done. I have been wanting to try an ice cream shop downtown for years and haven't made that happen. This is the month it does!!
    So happy to read you have signed up for a drawing class. Splendid. I prefer your pup to the calendar version. He is plenty cuddly and very sweet.
    Cannot believe that in July it was too cool to sit on your patio. We are burning to a crisp over here. Hope there is plenty of sunshine and warmth in your August.

    ReplyDelete

Five things Friday #33 - Pictures and a busy week

  My favorite coffee cup Heavy fog or light rain overnight? Tiny bouquet I has been a very full and somewhat tiring week but the busy days h...