Pages

Friday, July 19, 2024

Cobweb brushes are real!

I too had never heard of such a thing until moving to the East Bay Area of California. These cobwebs are outside on the house, trash cans, fence, etc. or in the rafters of the garage. The best explanation I can find is that they are the remnants of spiderwebs that get covered with dust due to the humidity and wind of living near the San Francisco Bay. 

I tried a variety of other brushes we own because who really wants to buy a cobweb brush! It truly does work well and has a very long telescoping handle. It cracks me up that there is a professional version!In retirement I guess one of my jobs is professional cobweb remover.

Truly though it is nice to have an easier way to get them of the house and the sticky dirt that remains on the brush tells the story of why they need to be gone.

11 comments:

  1. Now that is very interesting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning the garage would have been a lot easier if I had gotten it first.

      Delete
  2. I'm always amazed at what people come up with to make and sell. I used to have a three stall garage with a vaulted ceiling and I could have used a brush like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reluctant to buy it because I didn’t want any more stuff but it works well.

      Delete
  3. ooh, I want one now. Did you get it on Amazon.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at Ace Hardware but I bet they are on Amazon.

      Delete
  4. Wow!! I am seeing spider webs everywhere this year. All outside so far. But I need to dust the tall walls in our living room. I see something in the corner above the front door and can't tell what it is. I wonder if this brush would extend that far. Going to look for them on Amazon. We don't have an Ace. I guess you are adding another cap to your head!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think it would be the best choice for dusting but it does get 5he outside cobwebs off as far as it reaches.

      Delete
  5. I have had two brushes for at least 15 years. They also work to remove spiders that one can't reach easily. The spider gets caught in the brush and can be shaken out outdoors. For our very high ceiling, my husband has a very long PVC pipe that the brush slips into for extension...it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know they have been so useful for you

      Delete

Road trip part 1: Freeways, bookstore, museum and family

The drive down to Pasadena was nerve rattling at both ends but the long middle part was placid if boring. My freeway defensive driving skill...