Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Hanging out with family - Thriving week 22

Oops, I posted on Tuesday instead of Thursday 🤭 Oh well.

We spent a goodly amount of time with family this past weekend. Got a FaceTime call from my DIL and the girls asking if we wanted to hang out with them and go out to dinner. Then the older girl got on and very excitedly asked if we wanted to meet them for frozen yogurt first. Yes please. 

Then Monday while DIL worked and the older girl went with her for a bring your child to work day, we spent part of the afternoon with our son and the 15 mo old little one. She had her first merry go round ride at a big county park in the hills here. She wasn’t sure about all the noise, lights, and motion but she held it together. Then we went to see animals at the “Little Farm” in the same park. When she saw the cows she said “moo”. ❤️ Back to their house for play in the backyard for a while. Fun for all.

Getting things done - 
  • I have all my preventative care appointments scheduled except for a routine eye exam. After I see the ophthalmologist I’ll schedule that if needed as I do feel like my year old prescription is working still.
  • Scrubbed the patio and topped up the bark mulch until I used up one bag.

4 comments:

  1. I was doing well with preventative care/testing, but I was supposed to go back for follow up appointment after they were all done. The family obligations too precedence. I have to remember to call tomorrow to schedule follow up! Thanks for reminder!

    I spent a few hours in the craft room today, but there is no discernible improvement in the chaos. :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, what kind of preventive appts? I have a well check once a year and that's it. Hummm, am I missing something. well, I do get a mammogram too. hey, my pictures are not showing when I click on my blog on your sidebar. Do you know why??Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list of preventative care is annual physical with related labs and tests as needed, dermatologist skin check, eye exam by ophthalmologist and 2 dental visits. I do see your pictures when I click on your blog through the sidebar.

      Delete
  3. Spending time with family is priceless. I am so glad that you are getting more time with yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I can do it!

I am trying to tackle things that are a physical stretch for me and/or new because Hubby has always done them or they weren’t needed in prio...