Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Self and Home Care - Thriving Week 17

Healthy self care is a challenge when I am stressed, lonely or bored and the sugar, salt, alcohol goodies call to me. I am trying very hard to substitute healthier self care as I remain stressed even though at a lower level than the first year after our move.

Successes this past week were:

1. Walked to the library bringing that day’s step totals to over 9300 totaling 3.8 miles so apparently fairly short steps lol.

2. Did my upper body strength exercises twice. 

3. Taking the time to give myself a pedicure and massage my feet. They do work hard every day.

4. Enjoyed our son’s 41st birthday family taco party and 2 after school visits from the older granddaughter.

5. Reading and more reading plus playing with the dog.

Getting these things done in the house also made me happy

1. Removing a bag of decluttered items from the garage and started a new one.

2. Cleaned the patio and put out some more chairs.

3.  Finishing deep cleaning the large bedroom and closet by mopping both and removing a chair that is better used upstairs.

4. Scheduled appliance repair/servicing. Turned out the oven igniter did need replacing and the serviceman is someone I would definitely use again. 

He also cleaned out lots of charred debris that was hidden in the covered parts of the oven, fixed the frig door seal so it stays in place, made sure the dryer inside was clean of lint, and showed me how to clean the dishwasher filter.

5. The upstairs addition to our house does not have good heating and is very hot in the summer so we are installing a split system heat pump unit for HVAC in that part of the house. We did that for a similar situation in our Atlanta home and it greatly improved our comfort level. 

They were able to install it on Tuesday and it passed inspection Wednesday. We already are feeling the benefit of a mor comfortable temperature in the whole house. Bonus is that we will get $2500 in federal tax credits for doing this in a very energy efficient way.



4 comments:

  1. You always put me to shame with your ability to get things done. I make the lists but don't always follow through. Then I'll add unfinished item to the next day's list and so on until I finally accomplish the passed-on and passed-over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a much better social and recreational life than I do right now. Also I just don’t talk about all the things on the it’s that haven’t gotten done 😊 and my husband took care of getting the split system installed.

      Delete
  2. My goodness, you were busy this week. Glad you figured out a way to be more comfortable in the addition.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find small chores often break a cycle of tiredness, boredom or hunger. Nothing big. Sweep the kitchen. Straighten my closet floor. Cleanoff my bathroom counter. It might be just the way my mind works.

    ReplyDelete

The toddler eats rocks and other moments - Thriving Week 18

So what is that about the baby (oops -she is a toddler now) eating rocks? We decided Sunday morning to invite the family over for Sunday din...