Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thriving Thursday Week 8

 

A bit of excitement 2 houses up the street as the wind took down a large tree. I was on the other side walking the pup when it made a loud crash. It pulled up the sidewalk but that was all that was hurt thankfully. The family that lives there is out of town.

Another morning I was walking the dog early and for a brief moment there was a full rainbow visible. That did make me smile. 

I had a good amount of time visiting with and helping my son with the baby while DIL and grandgirl went to a friend’s to play in the snow and have other adventures.

My older son and DIL arrive tomorrow to be here for the grandbaby’s first birthday party on Sunday. Always great to have them with us.

My local AAUW chapter meeting had two mystery writers as panelists and since I really love reading mysteries I enjoyed this program a lot.

We received a $2,371 property tax refund based on the assessment reduction for our previous home’s basis. Not sure if it includes the bill I just paid but either way I am happy. Our future property taxes will also be reduced accordingly. This is available to seniors who sell and buy in state. Filing all the paperwork pays off. 



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the falling tree didn't do very much damage and no one was hurt. That tax rebate is awesome. Good for you on getting all the paperwork filed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! So glad you and pup weren't in its path! That is an impressive tax refund, and how can the baby possibly be a year old already? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Planning My Week

SHOPPING I’m trying to keep this week’s stock up shop lower than average. We are in need of lots of fresh veggies including salad stuff plus...