Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Wednesday’s we got it done list

Decisions, decisions, decisions - a big one was made when we realized we basically have to start over in our backyard although we may be able to use some of the plants by moving them. Have identified two possible landscape designers and on Mother’s Day my DIL gave me some ideas for kid fun friendly features.

Dog got his needed vaccines and we established a vet that I feel good about. I sent in the form for his new license. His only reaction to the vaccines was taking more naps that day thank goodness. I’m so conditioned to my prior chronically ill dog that each more normal reaction to things is lovely.

We were shocked to learn that the provider group here after Kaiser does not accept Medicare patients. We will probably change to Kaiser at the next open enrollment but after spending about 3 hours at it I was able to find a doctor in the Stanford Health network and get an appointment so I can continue my prescriptions. We haven’t yet found an urgent care facility or emergency care though. Scary.

It was easy for me to walk to the library and back which was a goal for this month and since it is a pleasant walk I’ll keep doing it to build up my endurance.

Our first full month gas and electric bill was quite reasonable despite running the heat often. Turns out Hubby also expected it to be much higher. The water and sewer bill was about what we expected.

And I met a very nice and friendly women of similar age who lives about two blocks away.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds as if plans are coming along nicely. Glad to hear you have found a primary care physician and I hope that you find the other medical things you need.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Self and Home Care - Thriving Week 17

Healthy self care is a challenge when I am stressed, lonely or bored and the sugar, salt, alcohol goodies call to me. I am trying very hard ...