Whew - The Delta variant pandemic surge, fires raging (but not nearby thankfully), a monster hurricane, Afghanistan, the California governor recall election starting, death of a good friend’s husband from cancer, close friends and nearby neighbors having to move …
But also in our little patch of the universe - nice weather, new neighbors seem nice, friends are supportive of each other and me, granddaughter likes her new big kid school, family including pets all healthy, started physical therapy and see improvement, grocery stores and gas stations well stocked, nice in person visit with one son and DIL, a couple of outings with Hubby…
So what is ahead for September in the areas where I have some control or at least some influence?
- Some birthday celebrations for me
- Labor Day weekend trip to see Berkeley son, DIL and granddaughter
- An in person service club meeting with puppies (program is about raising puppies for guide dog training) with only fully vaccinated allowed to attend and with masks as county requires but at least we can get together
- Continued to increase strength, flexibility and endurance through PT and other exercise as able
- Continue to spend time with art activities as the process is quite stress reducing and relaxing for me
- More safe outings probably including a walk along the ocean boardwalk, art gallery visit and farmer’s market
- Planning family get togethers for granddaughter’s 5th birthday and for Thanksgiving
- More reaching out to East Coast family members (brother, SIL and cousins)
- Get a recommendation for an electrician and get our broken ceiling light fixed
- Go through fall clothes and buy anything needed
- I need a project that isn’t club related so I’m thinking of getting back to improving our emergency preparedness, doing some thrifting and getting better at alterations, a bit of home redecorating or …?
How was your month? What are you looking forward to in September?