It has been interesting this past few weeks to hear friends start to open up about their beliefs and thoughts about the pandemic.
Here are few so far:
We want to be respectful of others and make decisions based on an analysis of the situational risk factors for them and us.
I've been going over to my friends and playing cards the whole time. Also went out to eat with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday. (A 70+ year old)
The virus will burn itself out and the summer will give us lots of relief. (No science to back this up!)
I went out for the first time yesterday. (June 4th)
We need to follow the county health order rules.
I'm not comfortable getting a haircut even though the county has let them open with lots of safety regulations in place.
We visit our son who lives alone, but sit out on his patio and don't go inside at all.
I still can't find a mask that doesn't fog up my glasses.
FYI, we are following the research and expert guidance on transmission and risk levels very closely but we don't have underlying conditions and live in a low case area.
- I'm getting a haircut this afternoon and Hubby got one midweek. Salons opened a week ago.
- We have been going to the grocery store, drugstore, and Home Depot. Also picking up take out but taking turns and only one going at a time.
- Hugged our son and DIL with faces turned away when we saw them for the first time since March 3rd, but had doors open to get air circulation while we visited. We bought take out for lunch.
- Had drinks with another couple on their patio sitting about 10 feet apart.
- Talk to neighbors outside while standing very far apart.
- With a mask on I have been to see 2 Drs in person and taken the dog to the groomers and vet.
- We each take walks, but stay away from other people.
- Talked with one other person at our clubhouse while staying at least 10 feet apart.
How are you interpreting what is safe for you and others given where you live and your personal situation?
I walked 39 miles this month with my phone in my pocket. Clearly I walked a lot more than that as I only carry my phone on actual outdoor wa...
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Welcome to 2023 and let's make it a great year! Challenges will appear, happiness is available and we can support each ...
I am focused this year on being even more intentional than usual in my daily life while continuing to appreciate the present. MOVING? The b...
I try to be upbeat and positive about the present and future but so far this house hunt reminds me of before the pandemic when we were tryin...