Took a deep breathe this week, but not too deep due to all the tree pollen in the air LOL. It was time to set some priorities and get some things done.
But first I want to share this blog post from Frugalwoods that really explains my thoughts on the topic of the best for the planet and our pocketbook type of financial decision making - Environmentalism, Frugality and Minimalism
- We are able to vote for Super Tuesday by mail always in CA so I completed my ballot and turned it in at the 24/7 dropbox at city hall. Every state should make voting this easy!
- Had the window repair person come over and see what can be done about the 3 window panels that have 3 different problems (broken seal between panes, sun shade coating coming off, glass panel edge seal lets air in). It all can be easily remedied so we signed the contract and the order has been placed.
- The sun was just right for me to see that there is a big gap in the weatherstripping around our front door. Will remedy that as soon as we are near Home Depot again.
- When we were with our granddaughter I helped her create pictures for our frig. I got 3 kinds of muffins (lemon seed being her favorite and blueberry and chocolate mine) and Papa got 2 suns including one purple because that is her favorite color at the moment. I did outlines, names and the flower border but she did the rest.
We decided to send one back to her to go on her frig so I printed out a free coloring page and we both did our "namesake". We had fun doing this - probably more than she will getting it!
- I am on the nominating committee for my club and we met to prepare a slate of officers and other board members to be presented at the March club meeting.
- Got a much needed haircut by a new hairdresser who charges significantly more but I am much happier with the outcome and will go back. Oddly, she went to the same high school as my older son at the same time. Small world.
- I was in great shape and a great weight when we moved here but I have let that change. I want it back and that is going to take work. Using my project planning skills from my career I laid out the first steps to take March in 5 categories: flexibility, cardio, strength, weight loss, lower environmental impact food plan. I am thinking if I do this as a month by month project plan I just may stick with it.
- Since I get very tired of grocery shopping each week I tried a 2 week shop at Trader Joe's. I typed up a master grocery list to try which will be a change from what I have been doing for 50 years. It was hard and we'll see how it works out. I hate food waste so I don't want it to lead to that as I do buy produce at TJs. I'll pick up things at Vons the other week if needed as it is very close. Driving reduction too!
- Stocked up on some home health care products in case we do get sick from the flu or coronavirus. Bought disposable gloves, disinfecting wipes and Ibuprofen as well as bar soap. Not ready to be really concerned yet but those are good things to have on hand anyway.
I walked 39 miles this month with my phone in my pocket. Clearly I walked a lot more than that as I only carry my phone on actual outdoor wa...
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Welcome to 2023 and let's make it a great year! Challenges will appear, happiness is available and we can support each ...
I am focused this year on being even more intentional than usual in my daily life while continuing to appreciate the present. MOVING? The b...
I try to be upbeat and positive about the present and future but so far this house hunt reminds me of before the pandemic when we were tryin...