I had adventure, beauty and comfort in good doses this first week of the year.
1. I posted about our Rose Parade adventure. It was the second time I have gone but the first time with our granddaughter. She really watched the horses and bands.
2. We went to visit my FIL and Hubby's great-aunt with our son, DIL and granddaughter. I like this interaction between the triple great aunt and triple great niece. That is great-Grandpa's room key which is making such a good toy and was given back and forth many times. Six adults spent the whole time watching one baby although some discussion of football and bitcoins may have occurred LOL.
3. Every time I felt uncomfortable in some item of clothing this week I tried to solve it. One shirt is in the recycling pile and two items had tags cut out. Small steps but improved comfort.
4. We are still having glorious sunsets as there are still smoke particles in the sky and increased moisture. I grew up in the central Illinois and summer sunsets were usually sensational and I do get great pleasure out of a nice one.
5. I started my Dry January on the 3rd mostly in an attempt to lose weight but also in hopes of sleeping better.
And 5 Retirement Finances:
1. We had our semi-annual
dentist visits and bought their dental insurance plan which should save
us money. By switching our medical plan, both being on Medicare and
buying this I think our insurance costs will be about $150 less than
last year and we will have fewer medical bills to pay as well.
2. However, we found out we both need dental work and Hubby's will be expensive. Then I picked up a prescription and found the cost went up 33% with the new year. Sigh.
3. We were given a dozen delicious tangerines as our son and DIL were given more than they could eat before they spoiled.
I have decided we will need an accountant to do our taxes this year and
have started collecting all the documents and recommendations for a
5. I stopped by Goodwill to drop off some items and found 2 stainless steel dog bowls and a tray to hold the soap and sponge by the kitchen sink - all for $5.36. Can take those off my list now.
Friday, January 5, 2018
5 for Friday: 2018.1 - Family time
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I recently read a library copy of The Buy Nothing, Get Everything Plan by the creators of the Buy Nothing groups. The book was written b...
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Welcome to 2023 and let's make it a great year! Challenges will appear, happiness is available and we can support each ...
Its the first day of Fall and with all the changing seasons and back to school vibes I am thinking it may be time to move on from writing th...
I try to be upbeat and positive about the present and future but so far this house hunt reminds me of before the pandemic when we were tryin...
Six adults spreading their love to one baby . . . she must have been one pampered little girl. So sweet:) I've never gone to the Rose parade, it must smell like heaven.ReplyDelete
Tomorrow I'll be celebrating my 6 years of blogging with a give-a-way, please come over and put your name in the hat :)
Thanks for the link to your give-away!Delete
Darling family photos! Like your thought about uncomfortable clothes. I have been thinking that my closet is due for a major clean out.ReplyDelete
I'm about to start analyzing what I have worn in the 9 1/2 months we have lived in S. Cal and on trips to Berkeley so I can see what to keep and what to put on the shopping list! Lifestyle, weather and fashion are different here than in Atlanta.Delete