Since the computer is being packed up today (Day 28) and the truck tomorrow, here is what the final few days before we begin our cross country move have and will look like.
Sale of current house:
- Leak in bath sink fixed.
- Final cleaning of house and yard clean up.
- Final walk through by buyers on April 13.
Packing & downsizing:
- Threw out a lot of hangers as they are too bulky to move.
- Packed final boxes and suitcases.
- Truck loaded on April 12th with final bits the next day and morning of April 14th.
- The 1-800-GotJunk truck arrives April 13th to take the mattresses and other items that we aren't taking with us.
For the dog:
- Vet visit April 11th for her monthly shot.
- April 12th grooming appointment to have her gone during truck loading.
- I downloaded some books to read in the evenings on the road, packed some healthy snacks and took some deep breaths.
On April 14th we drop the dog off at 9am at her foster family for a morning play date/dog sit. Then we go to the house closing as in Georgia you actually show up at the attorney's office and meet face to face. We will pick up something for lunch, pick up dog, pick up the loaded truck and head to Tupelo, MS on the first leg of our trip. See you on the other side of the country after further stops in Van Buren,AR, Amarillo, TX, Gallup, NM and Needles,CA!
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
30 Countdown to Move Out: Days 26 - 30
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Week 12: Mid-week check in
New House: Comcast delivered the equipment that hopefully Hubby can set up by himself. The utilities are all on and first bills paid. Our ...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Welcome to 2023 and let's make it a great year! Challenges will appear, happiness is available and we can support each ...
You have this moving down to an art form. You are about to make it, girl. Hang in there.ReplyDelete
Safe journey! Happy trails! Look forward to hearing about your new home.ReplyDelete
How exciting! Have a great journey and good luck.,ReplyDelete
So excited for you! Camarillo, CA here you come . . . it's going to be a great change!ReplyDelete
Good luck on the big move! With your extraordinary organization, I'm sure it will go smoothly. Looking forward to the update already! Safe travels.ReplyDelete
Well done! You're an inspiration!ReplyDelete
How exciting, what a move, have a safe journey, wishing you well on your travels. xReplyDelete