I am feeling surrounded by unpacked boxes LOL.
Today I did some final pruning of the yard, made the dog a grooming appointment for truck loading day (please don't let it be raining that day) and generally tried to get the house together a bit in the midst of chaos. Gave myself some down time to read and relax.
I made some progress on moving prep too.
- Cleared my desk and the dining room table of a lot of paperwork.
- In the process signed the home and earthquake insurance papers and emailed them back.
- Paid the termite inspector for the new house as the bill didn't make it into the escrow settlement.
- Picked up more free boxes.
- Sorted through all the non-standard size free boxes to see what might work for paintings/prints, table lamps, my antique chair, etc.
- Went to Home Depot to familiarize myself with helpful packing materials for difficult to pack items. I will be back to by foam corners and covers for 2 pieces of art, a rug cover, more bubble wrap and some shrink wrap for sure. Probably back to U-Haul for floor lamp boxes and a TV box.
- My former painting teacher picked up my painting easel for use in her classes. She gave me some great advice on how to pack paintings.
- Sorted through light bulbs and batteries to see what needed to stay with the house.
- Started a list of what to pack in the "open me immediately" boxes - top of the list is toilet paper, LOL. Also collecting what has to travel in the car vs in the truck such as batteries.
- We prepared the family room sofa and rug for pick up in the morning.
I walked 39 miles this month with my phone in my pocket. Clearly I walked a lot more than that as I only carry my phone on actual outdoor wa...
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Welcome to 2023 and let's make it a great year! Challenges will appear, happiness is available and we can support each ...
I am focused this year on being even more intentional than usual in my daily life while continuing to appreciate the present. MOVING? The b...
I try to be upbeat and positive about the present and future but so far this house hunt reminds me of before the pandemic when we were tryin...