I have learned from the items I marked as questionable and am taking more time to make my shopping decisions in hopes of reducing the frequency of potential errors.
What I bought in October 2015 - 6 items for $81
I am happy with all but one of my purchases!
I've rated them
* love it - 5 items
√ works well; keep - 0 items
? not sure I'll keep - 1 item
* Charter Club gray jeans - $37 new on sale - 6 wears. I will get a lot of use out of these!
* Neon Buddha cayenne long sleeve top - $10 at consignment store - 3 wears. I'm still experimenting with styling this longer top but really love the color and fit.
* Talbots flowered short sleeve sweater - $16 at consignment store - 2 wears; I LOVE this in outfits but it is now awaiting warmer weather!
* Olive open front 3/4 sleeve cardigan - $5 at consignment store - 3 wears. This was one of those tops with a sewn in fake top that was white. I cut that out to make a topper and I like it a lot so it will be back in warmer weather.
* Coldwater Creek red/multi flecks acrylic scarf - $5 at thrift store - 1 wear. Enjoyed wearing this on an urban hike over Thanksgiving holiday week. I bought this to make my black wool winter coat less of an awful color for me. I'd like to use the coat 2 more winters as we don't have that much really cold weather and then when we move I'll leave it behind and get something new.
In my wardrobe from previous Octobers - Quite a lot!
* Graphite fleece jacket (2012) - $20 new; still wearing as a basic jacket.
√ Waterproof hiking boots/walking shoes (2014) - $100: I have not worn these as much as I thought I would but am going to focus on doing so this winter. I recently bought gel inserts to try to add more cushioning but haven't walked with them in yet.
* August Silk berry shell (2014) - $8 at consignment store. Wear quite a bit and will more.
* August Silk berry cardigan (2014) - $9 at consignment store. Wear frequently.
√ 3 Lands End v neck long sleeve modal tops (2013) - $20 each new. Still wearing for exercise.
√ Blue & black long sleeve exercise top (2012) - $20 new. Still wear it.
√ Charcoal cardigan (2013) - $20 new. Still wear this and still find useful as a basic
√ Black cardigan (2012) - $20 new. I still wear it occasionally and it is faded to graphite which is one of my colors.
* LL Bean navy and black leather jeans belts (2014) - $40 each new. These were great purchases!