I've set some rules for myself in addition to not repeating outfits.
- Only items of clothing count as the outfit. Accessories (shoes, scarves, jewelry, purse) and coats are repeatable.
- Outfits must use only my colors as determined by the fabulous Imogen Lamport during my 7 Steps to Style program participation.
- They also must fall in line with my style inspiration which is California wine country casual - translated to Atlanta weather.
- I can stretch the boundaries on my medium value contrast and low medium color contrast just a bit.
- My only allowed clothing purchases should I happen to find the right items are smart casual slacks and shoes and possibly a fedora to go with my trench coat.
I'm still finding it hard to figure out the right combos that help me feel and look vibrant, but have settled on a few things.
- There always must be vibrant color for my top or topper. The rest should be neutrals or monochromatic in color.
- I need the benefit of shaped clothing on top
- One significant accessory is usually enough for me so it is a necklace, statement earrings or scarf, etc. but not together. Small earrings work with other things though.
- I really need to do some dedicated shoe shopping to find more pairs of comfortable shoes given the ongoing foot pain I am experiencing
Here are the results for week 1.
These were my favorites and the first two got the most compliments from the facebook style group that I participate in. I think I like the complexity of the shapes and/or design of the fabric as well as the vibrant colors.
I even got a compliment from the librarian.
This was the 2nd favorite.
I also liked these as well - same top with different cardigans and jewelry.
I'd rate these as average & need to figure out what to do differently or not wear them again LOL.
I will not repeat this one! I keep re-learning that I always need color in my outfits. In defense of my judgment, it was a horrible dreary dark rainy day and it fit my mood as well as matching the weather.