Pages

Monday, November 9, 2015

Making progress this past week

I'm slowly chipping away at my November goals and reshaping some habits.

* I managed to exercise 4 days out of 7 this past week. Not daily but an improvement. I also rearranged furniture in the study so I have room to do floor exercises. That way I can run my exercise DVD on the computer or use ones on Youtube and not be in the way or making too much noise early in the morning.

* The lower kitchen cabinets and drawers have all been cleaned inside so progress on the kitchen deep cleaning front. Found 9 items to declutter and donate.

* Our Paleo Thanksgiving menu has been set via the wonders of a shared Pinterest board and email. It not only will all be edible for our guests but also sounds really good and gourmet-ish to me. Not to hard to make either with 4 of us cooking and the pie and cranberry sauce done the day before. Our older son and DIL are such fun to be with and I am really looking forward to their visit Thanksgiving week.

- Shrimp cocktail
- Stuffed turkey breast - I leaned that the Whole Foods butcher will bone and flatten the meat for us making it easy to assemble this turkey roll
- Cranberry orange sauce - just substitute maple syrup for white sugar and we are good here
- Savory mashed sweet potato
- Green beans with lemon
- Apple pie with almond and cashew crust
- White wine

* Had a lovely long lunch out with a friend. We also tried a new restaurant and had a really great time catching up on each others lives.

* Made myself let go of some more clothing that I don't love at all. A donation to the animal rescue thrift shop.

I haven't made any progress on yard work as it has been raining a lot and our yard waste was not picked up on trash day. This is the first time in 18 1/2 years that the sanitation crew didn't finish the route or come back the next day. I did call but it is still sitting there. Hopefully it will be gone on this Monday.

Also no progress on cleaning the basement but that is simply procrastination LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...