Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Good reading in March

I read a lot of books and most of them are fairly ho-hum but this month I read two that I really enjoyed and would recommend depending upon your interests.

First is Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin who also wrote The Happiness Project and other books. I have been struggling with my inability to stick with the habits I think I want to have in retirement although when I was working 50 to 60 hours a week with lots of deadlines I had little trouble! Finally an explanation for how my personality and habit formation work together. I'm trying to adopt some of the ideas I found in this book to my exercise habit formation and then move on from there.


Second is the latest installment in the Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes series. You have to be hooked on the idea of Sherlock Holmes and his much younger wife as a storyline but I am and enjoyed this book as much as all of the preceding ones. I am even thinking of going to a day of the local Sherlock Holmes convention in mid-April!




I hope someone else enjoys these too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...