Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Brrrrr - A good day to stay in and catch up

I live in Atlanta where the forsythia has bloomed and gone, the azaleas are blooming and it was SNOWING at 8:30 this morning. Teeny, tiny flakes to be sure but there they were. I decided it was a good day to stay home as nothing really required going out. Time to finish things, catch up, and clear up.

Yesterday I almost finished a color pencil drawing so I put the final touches on it this morning. I am very happy with it!


I have had the paperwork for my Friends of the Library volunteer work sitting out since our last board meeting on February 11th. I went through everything, sent emails including scheduling the next meeting, organized a project plan for the May 25th book sale and generally caught up. It will move off the desk as soon as I receive some answers to those emails.

Picked up a few things in the house and played several rounds of fetch with Poodle Princess who is not getting a walk today but did yesterday. I didn't know that poodles were retrievers until I go her but the standard poodle was bred to retrieve from cold mountain lakes. So she loves having me throw her squeaky toy squirrel or a tennis ball and bring it back for more. It is an exercise program for days we don't take a walk and just plain fun for her any day.



5 comments:

  1. Love your drawing! Do you hang them when you're done? I'm still in love with your "pepper" drawing! lol!! Princess sounds like a fun dog... I love poodles.. always have! I saw a HUGE one at the pet store last month after my dentist, couldn't believe the size of it! must have been an 80lb dog! lol! Sweet, but BIG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. We have some of my paintings hung around the house along with artwork of other family members. These two drawings were exercises in a class and I'm not sure what will be done with them other than joining the pile of things unframed.

      Delete
  2. Really lovely drawing, Juhli. I admire your talent, as I have virtually none in that particular area!

    ReplyDelete

Making a home inventory - why do we own so much!?

I’m in the midst of updating our home inventory for insurance purposes and hoping we never need it and wanting to just get rid of tons more ...