One of the challenges we had last year and early this year was appealing our property appraisal. It became so stressful that I finally hired a representative to handle it and in the end we got a reduction from the Board of Equalization in the middle of February. Our 2012 property tax bill is based on that decision. We knew we still owed a bit on our 2011 taxes and we finally got that bill last week. And it was wrong. They didn't change the appraised value to the correct and lower amount. If I hadn't really checked the details on the bill I wouldn't have seen that it was wrong.
So I spent an hour today at the county tax commissioners office and they worked with the appraiser's office to get it all corrected. How much less is the correct bill? $616.55 less. Not bad for an hour's work plus a drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment