Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2024

A way too hot but good week - Thriving week 40

Happy about:

Three cheers for the Georgia judge who overturned the 6 week abortion limit in that state with reasoning that should be shouted from the rooftops. My favorite line in his ruling is Women are not some piece of collectively owned community property the disposition of which is decided by majority vote. “

I’m through with my vaccines for the year. Just flu and Covid this time.

My mammogram came back negative again.

We are in the midst of what will be a week long heat wave. Tuesday was the worst with a high of 97 but our AC upstairs (courtesy of the split system we installed earlier this year) has made it tolerable. Yesterday was only 94🤪

After talking with our insurance agent we got much better earthquake insurance coverage for the same price as the current policy!

I have figured out my basic travel plan for later in the month including a one night hotel reservation and a work around for taking driving breaks when 2 rest stops in a row on I5 are closed for repairs for the next year.



4 comments:

  1. The mini trip sounds like fun. We like SLO, it's a great town. The heat here is just as tough. We had already taken out the window ACs, so we had to put one back in because the house needed the circulation. Fortunately, it's cooling down right away in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooling off here drastically, we even had a touch of frost last night. I am hoping to keep the heat off for another week, but who knows. Love what the Georgia judge said. Awesome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe anyone thinks a 6 weeks ban is realistic. So glad that judge agrees.

    I wish you could send some of that heat my way. I'm always cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said so much more that was great. I hope his reasoning gets copied and widely communicated. In my opinion those who vote for the 6 week limit know it is unrealistic but want to say the didn’t ban abortion.

      Delete

A way too hot but good week - Thriving week 40

Happy about: Three cheers for the Georgia judge who overturned the 6 week abortion limit in that state with reasoning that should be shouted...