And here we go again ----
1. It's been 7 months since my foot surgery and I summoned the courage on Saturday to take a 3.25 mile walk and had no problem!
2. I found another pair of comfy shoes for everyday. I had to kiss a lot of "frogs" first but Amazon and I finally found a winner. Onward t
3. Our master bath has a new shower door. Installed Monday and a nice improvement in looks as well as no longer leaking.
4. Our car passed the annual smog check and the whole thing took 15 minutes plus driving time.
5. Turns out our old dog has lenticular sclerosis which results in clouded vision but doesn't have cataracts which could blind her. All we have to do is give her a night light as needed.
6. While I was refreshing the Little Free Library at our clubhouse I found a book I've been waiting for from the library FOREVER (or so it seems when time is stuck in slow motion by a pandemic lol.) The Thursday Murder Club is now mine to read and return to its place later.
7. Now this is S. California so it looks like Spring elsewhere but the clubhouse is looking gorgeous with flowers in full bloom, the Little Free Library moved to be right by the front walk, and a new patio, sitting area and raised bed being built.
Eventually we will be able to use the inside again but love the new "face" we are putting out there. The original building was constructed in 1895 as the Somis school and my club took ownership in 1924. The bell tower was removed at some point and a small addition put on to rent out first as the local library, then a women's clothing store and then offices. What a legacy to protect and improve.