A pickleball tournament, Rocketman, Facetime, AC cost control efforts, lentil stew and rereading 1984. There is quite a bit of variety this week.
1. Hubby played in his first pickleball tournament and had a great time. He and his partner came in second in the 60 and over category missing first place by just 1 point! He sounded so happy when he called me.
2. We went to see Rocketman. Wow!!! I really enjoyed this movie and it was so emotionally engaging.
3. We Facetimed with our granddaughter, DIL and son. We could really see how a 2 1/2 year old has trouble talking for a long while and resorts to showing off physically as a way to keep engaging. We did get her to draw us a picture while we watched which worked pretty well. So grateful for this medium to keep connected in real time and that she wants to stay on with us even if she can't figure out what to say!
4. Our city decided to contract for electricity from a more renewable source provider and rates went up. I'm all for the decision but we are just now getting how weather and don't want through the roof electricity bills due to running the AC. We are experimenting with opening the house as long as possible in the morning and at night if it cools down. Also running all 5 ceiling fans on low to try to keep the AC off as much as possible. Not willing to be miserable though so AC is at the same temp as usual.
5. I made lentil stew early in the morning on Wednesday so all we have to do for dinner is reheat part of it with torn spinach thrown in for a one pot meal. It used up some leftover chicken too as a bonus.
6. It is proving to be very unnerving to reread 1984 in light of the current world and political situation. Much to discuss at next month's book group.