Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

The "be careful what you wish for" end of January summary

I do believe I should have been more specific when I said I need more to do in the 2nd half of January than was on the schedule! It got filled up but mostly with health issues and treatments.

So I had 2 temp crowns and a filling put in, got my 2nd Shingrix shot (yeah - I'm done) with the same "I feel like I'm getting really sick" reaction. Just started to feel better from that when we were in the ER with Hubby in great pain from gallstones. You can tell where this is headed can't you? A Sunday evening gallbladder removal which identified a further procedure that needed to be done and which was on the 29th. All is well now - but next time I'll be more specific and say, I need more fun and pleasant things to do!!!

All of this has led to little progress on goals, stress eating and lots of time spent vegging. I've continued to walk the dog but that is about it for exercise. I went out to lunch with a friend before all of the above.

How was your month? 

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you both have felt poorly. Really sorry for the surgery for hubby. Make him take care, one of my incision sites herniated, and had to go back in for repair months after the original gall bladder removal.

    Here's wishing more fun and pleasant things to do in February! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so sorry to hear you have both been ill. Try to rest when you can but build in some very gentle exercise as you feel better. January is a horrid month anyway and I, for one, am glad it is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are both feeling better and I only have 2 more dental appointments to finish so that is good. January always seems like a very long month doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Oh Juhli, I'm sorry! But hopefully you are both on an upward swing, and February will be a much better month for you both. And if not, it least it's a short one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are much better - thanks and here's to great February for everyone!

      Delete
  4. Definitely the wrong kind of busy. Hope everything will be calm on the medical front in February AND you will have some enjoyable activities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, fun and pleasant is an important phrase to remember. That was a lot of health issues in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately we are both doing well. Next dentist appointment in the morning and then just one more.

      Delete
  6. For two months, I have been the queen of stress eating. What a rough month you had! I have been waiting to get my second shingles vaccine but Walmart has been out of it. Had hoped I wouldn't have the same flu-like reaction with the second one. Sounds like I probably will. Hope your husband has healed from his surgery and that February has been kinder and healthier for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie. February is good so far and we are off soon to visit our granddaughter and look at possible neighborhoods for moving (again!).

      Delete
  7. Oh, no! (About the gallbladder...) January got me behind on so many things, and now that we're at the end of February, I might (barely) be getting caught up. I need to do the Shingrix thing, and have been wondering about that. Thank you for sharing your experience...

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 12 - Spring is here and so are bugs

Welcome to Spring!  It was a nice sunny and warm week so we took a scenic drive exploring parts of Berkeley near the campus and the hills be...