Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Fall Fabulous Fun and Fundamentals Bucket List

Wow, Fall is here and its hard to tell by the weather where I live but the annual appearance of pumpkin flavored items and kids going back to school says it is so.

I am limiting my list to 10 this time in hopes of actually getting things done.

Fun
- Have at least 3 date nights that aren't just going out for food LOL
- Spend our granddaughter's 1st birthday and Hubby's 65th with family in N. Cal (and yes, we are all bringing the dogs)
- Have coffee or lunch with 3 potential new friends
- Give myself a budget and go shopping for some new Fall clothes but everything I buy has to be at least an 8.  I'm thinking a cozy cardigan, something light like this. Don't know why I could only save the back view LOL.



A pair of booties with a flat sole.

And a sweatsuit alternative dress.
- Plan a vacation that will add some variety to our experiences and where we can take the dog along since we know she travels so well.

Fundamentals
- Figure out a weekly schedule of interesting activities, health promoting exercise and homemaking and stick to it (unless something more fun beckons)
- Finish the repairs and upgrades to our new to us home
- Make plans for the big 3 holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's
- Make the rounds of elderly relatives and cousins in person, by phone or writing
- Get our home and car earthquake/emergency kits fully stocked

What is on your list?

14 comments:

  1. I likewise love pairing dresses with boots, and am likewise looking forward to pulling my warmer dresses out of the closet now that Autumn is here.

    What fun Christmas will be for you this year with your granddaughter turning one! You must be so excited. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not owned a pair of ankle boots so it will be interesting to see if I can find comfortable ones in one of my neutrals.

      Delete
  2. A nice fun list, Juhli! The three big holidays do take some planning, don't they? Our Thanksgiving is in October so we have a bit more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's. BTW, I don't know if it's just me but when I selected your Fall Bucket List thumbnail in the linkups, I got an error message "server not found" so you may want to double check the URL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stick to your schedule - unless something more fun comes up. Just perfect. Enjoy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a date night going out for food is all we do!! I guess maybe we should explore other avenues.....
    I think I might have to get a sweatshirt dress---they are like a t-shirt dress, so totally comfy, yet a little dressier than a sweatshirt! We should get the same one and show them off in a post??
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun! The one I showed is a cotton & lycra jersey so probably more like a t-shirt dress. If you find something fun let me know. juhlinewkirk@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. There are some big holidays coming up aren't there? I like your fundamentals list as well and those flat boots are just my style. Happy Fall!
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list. I especially love the idea of having coffee or lunch with three potential new friends. I'm a bit of an introvert, so I have a hard time approaching people first, yet whenever I have I've been rewarded with a good experience. Thanks for the inspiration for my next list.

    ~Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christie. I am also a bit of an introvert and wish others would take the initiative. But when I do they respond positively so there must be more of us than we think!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love that dress! I tried to click on it in hopes of being taken to the online store. Can you share where you found it?

    A lot of our dates revolve around eating, too. Or eating and doing something else. Have you guys ever done one of those painting classes together...I Painted That or Drink and Draw? We enjoys those.

    Glad you have plans to see your grandbaby. My little one was here for a whirlwind weekend. I kissed her for about 40 hours straight.

    We are traveling to Germany and Phoenix this coming month. I hate leaving my kitties behind that much but have a very nice friend who checks on them daily. Hope after these two trips we stay put for a bit. I am not terribly fond of traveling. There's no place like home!

    Hope you are able to develop some new friends with the gals you meet up with this fall. Most everyone I know is still working full-time so when I am not working, I don't socialize much. Work is my social life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your fall bucket list! Great mix of activities! I love that you put going out with potential friends on the list! If we aren't proactive, it won't happen!

    Have wonderful fall!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 11

Happiness, Comfort & Health Woohoo! I walked over 10,000 steps outdoors one day (4.1 miles for this short person) for the first time sin...