Family & Friends
1. See and play with my baby granddaughter for the weekend at least twice -
2. See my local son, DIL & FIL at least 3 times each plus make the aunt, uncle, cousin rounds
3. Plan and hold a "next generation cousins" get together for my sons' generation of family.
4. Invite new neighbors/acquaintances out or over.
* Schedule visits with 2 long term local friends/couples
* Become a pen pal for a cousin as requested.
5. Use the pool in my community each week! Swim, do water aerobics or just float around.
6. Go to the community based yoga class at twice a week when I am in town.
7. Take the dog for a long walk each day we are in town to help her relax in her new surroundings. Her constant vigilance is not a good state for her or us.
8. Take a hike on a trail nearby.
9. Try three new to us restaurants in our new hometown.
10. Try 3 recipes in my new cookbook, "America's Test Kitchen: The Best Mexican Recipes".
11. Eat at the beach!
12. Go to the local Farmer's Market each Saturday we are in town.
13. Test and decide on 3 large group dishes/menus for future entertaining.
* Try a new cocktail to make at home.
* Try 3 new summer main dish salads.
* Eat on our patio.
Fun & Exploration
14. Celebrate my 68th birthday! Been a few trips around the sun since this one.
15. Go to the nearest art museum and one or more galleries.
16. Go to a local event, fun store or attraction each month.
* See a summer blockbuster movie.
* Have a pedicure with a fun color polish.
* Read at least 5 books from The Modern Mrs. Darcy’s Summer Reading Guide
17. Volunteer for a role in at least one group. I'm considering Emergency Coordinator for my street.
18. Regularly attend one social and/or service group.
19. Finish furnishing and decorating our new home. We need den furniture and shelves for displaying decorative items and/or photos.
20. Finish repairs on home inspection punch list.
21. Finish creating earthquake/emergency supply stockpile.
* Create a planter succulent garden for the patio.
* Figure out how to have music playing in our home (TV, computer, buy a new CD player?)