I really enjoyed reading Tamara's spring bucket list and realized that it was time to think about what I was going to do and/or explore doing once we move, fix what needs fixing in the new house and are ready to get out in the larger world. So here are some ideas. A work in progress but I tend to hunker down and am seeing as I leave my current community that I squandered opportunities for great friendship and more fun by not being the one to reach out.
I want to be physically active so
- explore what I can do using the pool, gym, etc. at our HOA community
- try out the YMCA, parks & rec dept, and/or pilates studios to find the right community and exercise
- find good walking locations for with and without the dog
I want to eat right for my current body and health goals as well as cooking for Hubby's different dietary needs. To that end I am starting a Nutrition Counseling program on Wednesday. Stay tuned on that. But in my new home
- shop the Saturday farmer's market as this is an agricultural area
- try one new dinner recipe a week
- try different restaurants to find that magical mix of healthy, enjoyable and right price
I need a new community of friends and to get to know my sons, DILs, nieces & nephew, BIL, FIL and cousins in a new way that happens with more time together.
- schedule fun times and quiet times with each
- explore what is available in the HOA community
- look into sr. university, art or other classes
- find a compatible book club, walking group, mystery writers group, live theatre, etc.
- network with current friends and family to find who they might know in the area and make friends.
- get in the habit of having people over again
- throw a housewarming party and invite neighbors - or better yet throw 2 with one for neighbors and one for family
Decorating our new house to really work as our home is a priority.
- Work with people who can help create a vision and source fun, comfortable, affordable furnishings while enjoying the process
- Make sure what we buy is really right for us and not make do
I try to be upbeat and positive about the present and future but so far this house hunt reminds me of before the pandemic when we were tryin...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
We are now at the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” stage of living here and can’t blame it totally on the pandemic. When we ...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...