I really enjoyed reading Tamara's spring bucket list and realized that it was time to think about what I was going to do and/or explore doing once we move, fix what needs fixing in the new house and are ready to get out in the larger world. So here are some ideas. A work in progress but I tend to hunker down and am seeing as I leave my current community that I squandered opportunities for great friendship and more fun by not being the one to reach out.
I want to be physically active so
- explore what I can do using the pool, gym, etc. at our HOA community
- try out the YMCA, parks & rec dept, and/or pilates studios to find the right community and exercise
- find good walking locations for with and without the dog
I want to eat right for my current body and health goals as well as cooking for Hubby's different dietary needs. To that end I am starting a Nutrition Counseling program on Wednesday. Stay tuned on that. But in my new home
- shop the Saturday farmer's market as this is an agricultural area
- try one new dinner recipe a week
- try different restaurants to find that magical mix of healthy, enjoyable and right price
I need a new community of friends and to get to know my sons, DILs, nieces & nephew, BIL, FIL and cousins in a new way that happens with more time together.
- schedule fun times and quiet times with each
- explore what is available in the HOA community
- look into sr. university, art or other classes
- find a compatible book club, walking group, mystery writers group, live theatre, etc.
- network with current friends and family to find who they might know in the area and make friends.
- get in the habit of having people over again
- throw a housewarming party and invite neighbors - or better yet throw 2 with one for neighbors and one for family
Decorating our new house to really work as our home is a priority.
- Work with people who can help create a vision and source fun, comfortable, affordable furnishings while enjoying the process
- Make sure what we buy is really right for us and not make do