Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

This is the stuff life is made of

I was going to write a post about my experience at the writing workshop I attended this past weekend but I am still processing it. Leave it at this:

- It was intense,
- I was surprised that people read things that made them cry while reading aloud,
- I found myself writing things I had not expected to put on paper
- The other attendees were all terrific people an Janisse Ray a fabulous teacher and inspiration
- Once again I recognized my lack of interest in spending a lot of time fine tuning anything be it writing or art and think I may stick to very short essays or word "snacks" that could be part of a piece of art or illustrated

So you can see that writing is not going to be my retirement career.

Today though I find myself doing laundry so Hubby can leave on Thursday to go help his Dad move into assisted living. I am listening to the sound of chain saws as a crew cuts up tree trunks in our wooded area and hauls them out. I am so delighted that while they were waiting for the rest of their crew two of the men carried our broken ping pong table from the carport to the curb so we can have it picked up. I am feeling like I need to do lots of strength training as I couldn't even pick up one end to carry it out (we tried several times LOL).

Hope you are having a great week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...