Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Where to go when you have a health problem and no doctor's appointment

Yesterday evening, as we contemplated the 6" by 4" welt/bright red area on my thigh which was the result of a bug sting 36 hours earlier, we wondered whether or not I needed to see a doctor. Deciding it was probably multiple yellow jacket stings as it happened when I was doing yard work and I felt the stings, I did some internet research, tried some different salves we had and waited a bit. I later decided to head off to the nearest Urgent Care Center. They were closed so I headed to the nearest CVS Health Clinic. They were closed so I came home and put more salve on it. It is looking better this morning but I wanted to share this very helpful chart that I found on my health insurance website.

I can't get the headings over the correct columns so please move them all one column to the right in your mind LOL!

Retail Health Clinic
 Walk-in Doctor's Office
Urgent
Care
Center
                                                                                        Emergency Room
Animal bites


 
  • Sudden or unexplained loss of consciousness
  • Signs of a heart attack, such as sudden/severe chest pain or pressure
  • Signs for a stroke, such as numbness of the face, arm or leg on one side of the body; difficulty talking; sudden loss of vision
  • Severe shortness of breath
  • High fever with stiff neck, mental confusion and/or difficulty breathing
  • Coughing up or vomiting blood
  • Cut or wound that won't stop bleeding
  • Possible broken bones
  • Poisoning
  • Stab wounds
  • Sudden, severe abdominal pain
  • Trauma to the head
  • Suicidal feelings
  • Partial or total amputation of a limb
Stitches


X-ray


Back pain

 
Mild asthma

Minor headache

Sprain, strain

Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea

Bumps, cuts, scrapes
Burning with urination
Cough, sore throat
Ear or sinus pain
Eye swelling, irritation, redness or pain
Minor allergic reaction
Minor fever, colds
Rash, minor bumps
Vaccination

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thriving Thursday Week 12 - Spring is here and so are bugs

Welcome to Spring!  It was a nice sunny and warm week so we took a scenic drive exploring parts of Berkeley near the campus and the hills be...