Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

I'm at my Mom's house - how to keep busy?

When you read this I will have arrived at my Mom's house. She and I are on totally different sleep schedules (she stays up late & gets up late & takes naps) and she lives in a village that is just a wide spot in the road so there is nothing to do without driving a long way. Sometimes I build in plans to take long walks, but the weather won't cooperate this time.

So what to do with my time? We will go out to run some errands, cook, have a meal or two out, visit with each other, and perhaps go see my aunt who lives an hour away. Otherwise its tough to fill the time. I'm going to try to be very diligent about doing some stretching and strengthening exercises, have my Kindle loaded with things to read, and will look for a project or two to help her out.

I am so lucky to still have her with us and to be able to travel to see her so I don't mind the downtime. I won't have an internet connection while I am there unless I get to the library the few hours it is open so I'll start blogging again when I get back.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I used to love going to the library to use their computer, before I had a laptop. Now I just sit there with the machine on the table. I'd rather be to the library. And, yes ... you are lucky to still have your mother around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just enjoy the down time and have fun with your mom. See you when you get back! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax and enjoy! If it were me, I would probably start writing new blog posts by hand, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Self and Home Care - Thriving Week 17

Healthy self care is a challenge when I am stressed, lonely or bored and the sugar, salt, alcohol goodies call to me. I am trying very hard ...