Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Incremental effort and progress

"What can you do for 15 minutes a day that, by this time next year, will have added up to something remarkable?"

That is my horoscope for yesterday. Now I don't believe in horoscopes, but I found this question very interesting.

Want to feel more fit? Walk, stretch or workout 15 minutes a day.

Want to feel closer to your loved ones? Give them your undivided attention 15 minutes a day.

Want to save money? Fix your lunch to take to work - yup, 15 minutes a day.

Interested in eating healthier meals? Spend 15 minutes a day planning or cooking them.

Want to finish that book? Read for 15 minutes a day.

Have a task you hate to do? Mine is cleaning house and I can stand to do it 15 minutes a day.

So many things to accomplish and so little time to invest. What will you start doing with 15 minutes a day?

8 comments:

  1. I Love This Possibility.For me it would be exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think exercise would be it for a lot of us LOL. I love your new blog!

      Delete
  2. This 15 minute idea is something I really need to live by...for many things. I hate it when I feel overwhelmed by so many things that need attention and yet, much can be accomplished with the 15 minute rule. I think I have a book (or read a book) on overall organizing that incorporated this line of thought too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great applied to organizing too.

      Delete
  3. On a side note...I subscribed to your blog a while ago but I have not been getting the emails. You weren't showing up in my feed on WP either so I subscribed so I wouldn't miss anything. I just tried re-subscribing but it recognizes me as already following. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could it be getting blocked by your spam filter? The other possibility is that you subscribed through WP to my defunct blog and not to my Blogger one. When I leave comments for you I have to use my WP account to do so. You aren’t showing up on my list of subscribers. That is all I can think of – sorry.

      Delete
  4. This is Flylady 's premise, that 15 minutes a day, on anything gets the job done. I follow her daily emails, and do the zones . Yes, it really is amazing what you can do in 15 minutes!
    If you're interested , just google Flylady .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Christina. I'd forgotten about Flylady but am familiar with her approach and think it is great.

      Delete

A crow shouting match & a charming book - Thriving week 20

I borrowed this book from the library and it was surprisingly charming. Inspired during the worst of the pandemic by the need to have someth...