Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy endings to this week

We went to an improv comedy show and dinner last night with a friend and had the best time! I haven't laughed so much for a while. Great evening.

Before we left we got a phone call from our younger son who just called to chat while he was walking his dog. Love catching up on his life even if it is over the phone.

Today Hubby has a the kick off session of a conference followed by socializing at the aquarium. He should have fun and gets to see the aquarium for free. While he is gone I'm going to head to our local coffeehouse to see if I can use their wireless to activate my new Kindle. Hopefully I can muddle my way through the start up.

We have kicked off March with some great savings due to decisions made mostly.Saving so far this month are $409.99 and YTD is $1246.70. You might not agree with how I am determining these savings but I am enjoying the exercise and probably underestimating in some cases! The details:

$9.99 - was able to borrow book for book club reading instead of buying Kindle version
$155 - my brother is going to lend me a car when I fly up to visit our Mom in April - no car rental fee yeah!
$45 - my son is giving us a wireless router that is excess to him (and walking me through how to install and set it up!) - he may also send us a larger monitor that is excess for him although we don't truly "need" that
$200 - Hubby is wearing the suit he has to our son's wedding even though it is a bit large on him ("It's just one evening" was his conclusion)

And one little annoyance in life is gone. The glass doorknob on our bathroom door has had a rough chip in it since we bought the house. The extra knobs we have aren't the same so we couldn't change it out but Hubby thought to sand it smooth. That make me happy. 

2 comments:

  1. This is all great, Juhli! I don't blame hubby for wearing the suit anyways... lol! I'd prob do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is happy that all he has to shop for is a new dress shirt! If I had already had something appropriate I would have just pulled it out as well LOL. My only "cocktail dress" though is black and the bride is not encouraging women to wear black (and I don't really like the dress). Found a great blue one though.

      Delete

The toddler eats rocks and other moments - Thriving Week 18

So what is that about the baby (oops -she is a toddler now) eating rocks? We decided Sunday morning to invite the family over for Sunday din...