Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

If you are struggling with your wardrobe choices, read this

I recently read The Truth About Style by Stacy London. I thought it would be a rehash of her TV show but it wasn't. She really talked about the body perceptions and shopping issues that keep some of us looking more frumpy than need be. Her case studies were women of quite a large age range and size which helped a lot. I learned from the petite younger woman chapter as I did from the similar age usually wears black woman's chapter.  I recommend this - check it out from your library.

After I read this I bought this dress to wear to my son's wedding. It is a brighter blue than it seems and satin so it has shine. Much more "me" than anything else I looked at and I am happy with the purchase. The bride's mother decided on a short dress so I was able to go that route too. The key thing I took from the book was to try on lots of sizes and pick a style and color that celebrates you not conforms to expectations. Fortunately the bride approves. And now I am having fun with the process as my girlfriends are helping me accessorize and lending me wraps to try with it.

2 comments:

  1. Oohh!! LOVE the dress, Juhli!! It's gorgeous! :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet - thanks. Onward to finding shoes.

      Delete

Time zooms on - my baby is 41🎂

My younger son turned 41 yesterday and while it is not as shocking to me as having a 53 year old older son it still feels like time has spee...