Friday, March 30, 2012
March successes and April targets
How did I do on my goals for March?
I'm pretty happy with the results.
- I finally did paint the basement stairs and am enjoying seeing them looking good every time I go up and down to do laundry.
- I bought some shoes and socks that I needed and ordered a summer dress.
- I've been menu planning which keeps us eating dinner at home more. We are going to go out this weekend but it will be inexpensive.
- I got a new consulting project and started working on it so some income will follow.
- We had a wonderful vacation and I bought tickets for two trips by myself later this Spring. I was able to use frequent flyer miles to get a ticket to visit my Mom in early May and bought a ticket to join West coast friends in Raleigh in April while they are doing a home exchange there.
- Some decluttering with the total for the year so far at 200 items!
- Stuck to our financial and house project plan.
- Had overall a higher energy level finishing up my Boost Your Energy Challenge.
Goals for April? I'll be working a lot the first two weeks and traveling quite a bit so my goals are modest.
Keep the stress out of travel - 3 trips in April; 2 for fun & 1 for business means I need to plan ahead.
Keep our budget in hand - A little planned eating out, menu planning, and otherwise only regularly scheduled and planned project and personal expenses.
Keep energy high - Walk dog every day possible, PT exercises every day and 2 PT visits, 4 Pilates sessions, and long walks while traveling if possible.
Keep rightsizing (and decluttering) our home - Focus on deep cleaning and sprucing up our two bathrooms and continuing to pare down our possessions bit by bit.
A bit of excitement 2 houses up the street as the wind took down a large tree. I was on the other side walking the pup when it made a loud...
I was reading this blog post on Be More With Less 7 Heavy Things To Leave Behind and it really resonated. I am contemplating what I most n...
Another very busy house focused week, but each day I walked and played with the dog, read as my go to relaxation, and tried to take care of ...
Cross your fingers that the inspection is ok from the buyer’s perspective. We are thrilled.