Oops, looks like I did #17 twice so now we are back on track…and it was a really quiet week but still fun was had and life went on.
1. We walked to the city’s World One 4th of July festival held in a city park in time to hear a jazz band perform. Lots of vendors, food trucks, organization & agency booths, rides for the kiddos and two women on very high stilts in costumes. The festival has been held for 27 years and seemed bigger than last year. plus very well attended and I found out they hire circus performers such as the stilt walkers as entertainment along with bands. Afterwards I walked to get a latte and cookie while Hubby headed home.
2. I watched Enola Holmes 3 and, as one character says during it, it was a “merry mess”. Light entertainment but not nearly as good as the first 2.
3. I'm trying to figure out why I have lots of energy for 2 or 3 days and then am quite low energy for a few days. Wondering if I'm not eating enough protein & too many carbs? Anyone else faced and solved this at an older age?
4. I'm not complaining, but while most of the country has been suffering under terrible heat, we have been running the furnace and feeling cold until mid-afternoon. Being so close to the SF Bay and Golden Gate means that it can be quite cool plus damp/foggy and windy this time of year. I am discouraged to find I am now an old woman whose joints ache under those conditions! The weather is slowly getting warmer.
5. We live on a half block long court with 8 houses. For the second week in a row half have been empty as families are on vacation and it has been very quiet as a result.
I have mixed feelings about not having taken a vacation since we moved. We did go to a destination wedding and I went to visit friends once while Hubby has gone several times to visit a friend and to a funeral. I'm not seeing those as vacations though as we didn't go anywhere simply for enjoyment.
We certainly could take one, but I can't seem to rally the planning, dog sitter arranging and travel energy. Looks like it will continue to be a summer of finding local things to do and not touristing or visiting family and friends who live further away.
I feel like I ought to love vacationing - but I don't. I am trying to add in day trips, but its so hot out and I would rather stay home in the A/C and figure out other things to do. I also feel like I should get out and meet people and that's not happening...
ReplyDeleteI'm in the same boat. I used to really like vacations and was actively out in friend activities and making friends. Perhaps the pandemic behaviors changed us?
DeleteI am the same.
ReplyDeleteWe have a 110 heat index and I am walking at 5:30
in the morning bc I can’t handle the heat anymore. I do not wish to
go anywhere except work and home. Cindy in the South
Your weather is opposite of ours near San Francisco. However I lived in Georgia for 20 years and the midwest for 18 so humid hot days both places. I survived on AC in Georgia mostly.
DeleteWe haven't vacationed in awhile either. I think our last may have been the one where I tripped and broke my shoulder on the third morning, and we had to come straight home again to see specialist. Then mother-in-law was in declining health for a couple of years before passing. It seems like we kind of got out of the habit. Planning Rudy care does make things harder.
ReplyDeleteThat is a good way of thinking about it - being out of the habit. Doesn’t Rudy want a vacation?😉
DeleteWe really haven't gone on vacation yet. There is our river cruise coming up and then we will be staying home for the rest of the summer and probably into September.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Enjoy your river cruise!
DeleteWe have been enjoying overnight and 2-3 night getaways in "our own backyard" - just a few hours' drive from home. We took the kitties on the last adventure which made it even more an adventure. Maybe you could plan an overnight stay somewhere or a couple of nights? A VRBO arrangement where pup could go, too? Just getting out of town for a night was delightful.
ReplyDeleteYour mini-vacations have looked amazing! Very brave to take the kitties on one.
Delete