Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

My word for 2023 is Intentional

I’m going to try having a word for the year again and since it announced itself to me it is going to be “intentional “.

After rather drifting during the pandemic I want to act consciously in my days. I may still read mindless novels but I’ll make a clear decision to do that. My son’s struggle to heal the pain of years of adapting to an old injury have inspired me to make conscious decisions about getting my own body in better shape. I have leadership skills from my career and I want to more consciously use them to make the club run better and attract more members and funding. In considering options for moving I want to face the difficult possible scenarios for future aging and intentionally make the best decision we can. And so on …

Are you going to pick a word of the year? Has it worked for you in the past?

10 comments:

  1. I think I tried the word for the year once or twice but things like that don't really work for me. I have been trying though to write down one thing a day I'm grateful for and that seems to help. You're always so focused so maybe this would work for you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noting what I am thankful for really helped during the worst of the pandemic. Word for the year hasn't worked in the past for me but this just popped into my head so I'm hopeful!

      Delete
  2. I haven't picked a word for a year or two but I really liked it when I tried it. I stuck with it 3-4 years. New Year's is coming, I need to think on the idea of a word or a mantra to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great word you have chosen.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your word. My word has a similar intent - Reset. I feel as if I need to take everything I've learned and experienced over the past almost 3 years of Covid and figure out what I want to bring forward into 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very carefully thought-out word choice. Seems it can be applied to all areas of life. My word this year was flow. I haven't written much about it...probably because I have written much. But I have been much more conscious of trying to go with the FLOW. Will put my thinking cap on for my 2023 word. Have a few ideas but I like for the word to find me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what word finds you! This one really just popped into my head so I'd say it found me.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...