Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Thankful Thursday #5 - Home repairs, books, take out and Facebook

 Anyone else having difficulty staying positive with the news about all the COVID mutations and that you can get infected by some of the mutations even if you had the first one or were vaccinated? We were talking recently about how we think the 1918 flu pandemic was the only other pandemic to infect such a high percentage of people in the entire world at the same time (except New Zealand!). At least this time there are better treatments and some vaccines.

For me this all means focusing on the little things that I am thankful for is even more important.

1. My husband and I make home repair decisions quickly and come to the same conclusion. The old shower door in the master bath started leaking. We concluded it wasn’t worth repairing or patching the problem and are working on getting a bid to template it.

2. I have loved to read since I was able to. My mom would take us on the bus to the library to pick out books. I do remember reading every horse story I could find - Black Beauty comes to mind. Still reading down the library. Thankful for the pleasure it brings and continued good eyesight.

3. We have been cooking at home during the most recent COVID surge in S Cal although I think there were sub sandwiches for lunch one day. We decide it was time to get upscale dinner take out on Wednesday night from one of our favorite restaurants that is still hanging on and it was a lovely treat.

4. I stopped by our clubhouse to check on the little free library contents and was so happy to see that it is being used. We had it moved to a more visible location and that seems to have worked. Restocked it.

5. Amazing what a few inquiries to the right people can accomplish. After listening for a year to the no progress reports about transferring administration of the club’s Facebook page I solved it in less than a day. Of course that means I am now the administrator until I can talk someone else into taking it on. Thankful I have good problem solving skills.

What are you thankful for in the last week?


8 comments:

  1. I don't think we're ever going to get free of the Covid virus. The vaccine rollout is so hit and miss across the country.

    I always love reading your thankful Thursday posts. They remind me to stop and take stock of my reasons to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are right about the virus - the question is can it become and illness outbreak instead of a pandemic. After all the bubonic plague still exists but very few people get it and there are effective treatments.

      Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  2. I am heartened by reports that while variances may cause some infection among those that have been vaccinated, it has so far prevented both hospitalization and/or death. I’m also reading that variances are to be expected. Both give me hope that current vaccines are adequate until revised vaccines are developed.

    Sick but not dead- I’ll take those odds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are right on all counts. It is waiting to get the vaccine that means risk is still quite high for most of us.

      Delete
  3. Here is hoping that even if we have to get boosters every year we can at least get back to enjoying time with our families.

    Did you read the Black Stallion series? Loved those books.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably did read the series if it was available at our library. I read ever horse story in the children’s section I think. At one point I presented my dad with a plan to turn half our garage into a horse stall. Didn’t happen lol. He was kind about it though.

      Delete
  4. It's really difficult not to get concerned about the future with Covid. We live in a rural area and our only option for getting vaccines is through our county health dept. They have received so few doses, that it's pathetic. Our health care workers and long-term care residents are still getting their shots. I managed to get my name on a waiting list. I still believe medical researchers will come up with some solutions, but we may have to wait. In the meantime, we are very, very careful to follow CDC guidelines and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, supply is the big stumbling block and a contributor to mutation as masses of people continue to be infected and contagious. We too are following all the guidelines. My county is still working on health care workers, care home residents and those 75 and older.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...