It has been a tough week when it was demonstrated once again that "mean girls" and narcissists don't outgrow it - they just get old. Pandemic stress enhancing all of the above. I don't need the drama! Fortunately others on the board are unanimous in their decisions and support. Onward to more productive use of time.
Anyway, there were a good number of positives too -
- My library opened for curbside pick up!
- I received the cute napkins I ordered from Etsy. I'm the only one who routinely uses a napkin and wanted fun ones.
- I was able to have the cardiac test required for a decision on surgery clearance. Now just to wait for the decision.
- We had a delicious take out dinner after 2 1/2 weeks of no take out dinners.
- We accepted an invitation to go to our son and DIL's home in Pasadena for a Father's Day brunch.
- We FaceTimed our Berkeley family. Our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter shifted into grown up student presentation mode to tell us about a piece of artwork she had made. She is learning how to present because of Zoom preschool session where they "share" something important to them.
- Our Berkeley son and DIL said we would be welcome to come and visit if we can make it work out. Not sure if we can but nice to have the option. Only time I have wished to have an RV but just for the built in bathroom lol.
Saturday, June 20, 2020
Week 12 Ends and so does my counting the weeks
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Week 12: Mid-week check in
New House: Comcast delivered the equipment that hopefully Hubby can set up by himself. The utilities are all on and first bills paid. Our ...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Welcome to 2023 and let's make it a great year! Challenges will appear, happiness is available and we can support each ...
I have an old friend who ALWAYS used clothe napkins. When she came to visit from out of state I had to buy some so she wouldn't think I was hatched in a barnyard. Yours are very cute.ReplyDelete
Your new cloth napkins are pretty; I use cloth napkins when I have friends or family over for coffee or food. Not recently, sad to say, with this social distancing.ReplyDelete
Love the napkins. I fave up paper for cloth years ago. I'm worth it just for me. Sre those lamas on the ones on the right?ReplyDelete
They are llamas. They bring a smile.Delete
Cute napkins. I love them.ReplyDelete
So glad you are finally going to be able to be with your children and grandchildren. And that you can stop officially counting the weeks of isolation. We are going backward here. They had lifted the mask requirement about a week ago and put it back in effect this weekend. Exhausting.ReplyDelete
The napkins are really fun. I have been buying paper napkins for the holidays but cloth would be so much better.
It is hard to know what to do with the pandemic continuing. The entire state of California has a mask requirement and we have only gone to our son and DIL's but they have been to a friend's house. Makes our circle larger without seeing more people.Delete