I've been busy since we got back from vacation. I've also been trying to keep in mind the wisdom in my DIL's statement: "I don't understand why you are so stressed out over something that is a year away." She is right so I am focusing on small tasks.
This represents about 8 hours of work as my husband helped too by moving furniture around.
1. I agreed to a contract with a designer for the main floor bathroom. I will have an initial meeting with her on this Tuesday.
2. Arranged a delivery date and target installation date for the 2 replacement windows for the sun porch.
3. Settled on how to clean painted walls, trim & doors so as to minimize repainting. Magic eraser for scuff and other marks. One cup white vinegar in a bucket of water with a microfiber cloth to wash walls and old hand towel to dry them.
4. The hallway walls are washed and they just need a tiny touch up. The ceiling needs a drywall tape crack fixed in one place. Let's not talk about all the nicks in the baseboard and the lower edges of the doors.
5. We moved the bookshelves & excess chair out of the guest room and into the study. I will advertised them as available.
6. Washed the 3 neutral walls in the guest room - no need to repaint! The feature wall will have to be painted.
7. Washed the guest room curtains and rehung covering as little of the windows as possible. Moved the extra dresser that was in the study into the guest room as suggested by the stager.
Next I need to decide what kind of bedding to get if any, what to hang on the wall over the dresser and whether or not to include a small rattan chair in the guest room. I also have to wash and paint the feature wall the same color as the rest of the walls. The windows and closet also need attention. My goal is to be done with this room before the end of June.
But first, I need to get ready for house guests over Memorial Day weekend!