I usually love changes and in fact seek them out but I like to be the one who initiates the change. I don't like imposed changes but am getting better at rolling with them.
Last week I wasn't sure if I could travel to CA on our planned vacation and be in good humor given how much my neck hurt. Two PT visits and follow up exercises got me to the point where I could.
Then my husband got sick and the antibiotics prescribed aren't working or at least not quickly enough. Vacation cancelled and all travel plans and arrangement reversed including the one night prepaid non-refundable hotel room. Boo.
Is there any silver lining in this?
- We have a credit with Southwest Airlines that we have until December 19th to use. We certainly will make this trip before then.
- I can go to PT this coming week and finish fixing up my neck/spine.
- Hubby will get in to see a doctor early in the week and we can start trying to find a fix for his illness.
- I'll have time to see if I can do this year's taxes myself using last year's corrected ones as a template. Our state lets people over 62 exclude interest income and I didn't know that! If I can't do it I have time to research whether to buy software or send to the accountant who spotted the error and did 3 prior year's amended returns too. Now that was a good return on investment.
- Everyone was very kind, loving and gracious about our upending their plans too. Thanks kids, FIL, BIL, and dog sitter extraordinaire!